Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"My" kids part two.

Nathan Aaron:


This is an old picture of him (he was about 2 1/2 years old) but I have always liked it because I caught him smiling.

Where to start? I guess I will start with his likes and dislikes. His favorite foods are ziti, fruit of any kind, ketchup with/on anything, and "jelly bread". His favorite things to do are count, play with his trains and his train table/tracks, write letters and numbers, swing, cuddle, and copy his sister. Oh, and eat. He doesn't understand the concept of answering questions yet so I don't know what his favorite color is- though I think it may be pink. His favorite songs are We Are The Body by Mandi Mapes and Let It Out by Chris and Conrad. His favorite tv shows are Super Why, Little Einsteins, and Mickey Mouse Club House. He loves kisses and hugs! He is autistic so he interacts in different ways than most kids. He plays with other kids by copying what they do. He is a very cuddly little guy. He will ask me if I will go sit on the couch just so he can sit in my lap and me hold him for a few minutes. He is a very loud and energetic boy, yet at four and a half years old, he still takes a two hour nap nearly every day. He has no sense of what an "inside voice" is ;) He likes to do things on his own and I hear him say (A LOT) "No! I can do it! Let me do it!". He is beginning to be independent. I left him in his room to put on his pajama's by himself for the first time today. It took him about ten minutes but he did it! The only thing he needed help with was putting his arms in the right places in his shirt. Now, I know that at four and a half this should be pretty easily done but for him it is a huge accomplishment. He has come a long way at the Burkett Center and especially loves his teacher Miss Dianna!


(here is a recent picture of him)

Nathan, my cuddle buddy, my little man.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Rach,

    I love your blog! It's fun to read about those you love so much and I know love you in return!

    I've been missing you ... but I will NOT be making it to any recent concerts that might be in the area. I have decided I am much too old! ;)

    Love you,
    Miss Paula

    ReplyDelete