Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mission House Work Day!!

Today was the Mission House Work Day for MWP. I got there early so I read a few chapters in my Bible. Then I thought maybe no one was coming because it was about fifteen minutes past time for us to be there......... until I saw a guy pull up with plants, mulch, dirt, manure, ect, ect. We dug holes, planted bushes and tree's, and mulched that section of the yard. It was a real blessing being around people who's hearts are burdened for the same thing mine is. I got to just sit back (dig holes) and listen to them talk about stuff going on in Sudan and other places where Human Trafficking is very high. I was impressed with how much they know about the government and the ways of the people there. The coordinator, Kevin, and his family lived in Sudan for at least a couple of years. Abigail, their 2 1/2 year old daughter knows more languages than I do. She is the sweetest little girl. She helped me spread mulch and plant a few plants. She and I threw leaves in the air, dug in the dirt, rolled acorns down the driveway, and went exploring. I wish I had a few pictures to share but I don't.

I can't express how fulfilled and light I feel in having spent time with Gods people, planting and taking care of Gods creation.

Until later...

-Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I miss you, Rachel! So thankful you are enjoying your new assignment. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete